Thursday, June 26, 2008

waste of a good outfit

so yesterday i was scheduled to have a meeting with a donor (ok, a prospective donor, which is someone who's never given money before but might have some interest...) and being the consummate professional i am, i picked out the least-wrinkled suit i had hanging in my closet (you know, one of the ones that miraculously didn't end up covered with dog hair or crayon from the last time i wore it), and the heels that don't kill my feet *too* much. i even spent the extra five minutes it took to flip the ends of my hair under (which i'm generally too lazy to do).

i had taken the past two days off for vacation to get things done at home (more about that tomorrow!) and i really did take a true vacation this time -- didn't check my voice mail or e-mail once in those days! but what do i get for not checking, you ask? a waste of a good outfit. turns out my donor-man decided he didn't want me to waste my time by coming to visit him and had left a message with one of my colleagues to let me know -- but dumb-ass me didn't find out until it was too late, so i had the pleasure of sitting in the office all day with a stuffy suit and heels on when i could have been comfy! oh well, that will teach me to try and distance myself from the office!

No comments: