Wednesday, May 21, 2008

randomness....

ok, so i've seen this on other blogs and since i don't have anything particularly profound to write at this minute, here are....

Ten completely mundane facts about me:

10. i don't know how to light a match. i've tried many, many times but for some reason, can't get the hang of it....so if i don't have a lighter handy, my candles sit unlit.

9. i tend to not use caps when i type, and especially when i blog. not sure why...maybe from being a journalism major and always having to play 'by the rules' with my grammar?

8. i'm an only child.

7. my first pet was a goldfish (named, aptly, goldie)....after that, i had a turtle (toby), some hermit crabs, a tankful of goldfish, and now, two cats (callie & cleo) and a beagle (snoopy).

6. i played a man in a theater production! a few years ago, Dork and i were in a summer production of "arsenic and old lace" at allegheny highlands regional theatre, and i played dr. einstein, who had a mustache and dressed in baggy clothing. i adopted a deep voice and sinister laugh, and for about five seconds, even considered cutting my shoulder-length hair off to look like a man's....but then i came to my senses and ended up slicking it back over my ears and tucking in back in a hidden ponytail.

5. the first real job i had was a cashier at a supermarket when i was 16 years old. i was shy as a kid but couldn't wait to start working (to overcome that 'spoiled only child' stigma! lol) and got to talk to lots of interesting people and made new friends with my co-workers (and even got some dates out of the deal...), and overcame my shyness by talking to so many strangers.

4. i don't have a middle name....i have two first names but no middle name. when i got married, i hyphenated, and now i have four names (guess that more than makes up for my lack of a middle name!)

3. my dream job in the whole world is to do public relations for disney -- i think it would be lots of fun to coordinate promotions for a world-known place of family fun. either that or being a dj (i'm a music fanatic and would love to get paid for playing music and talking about it!)

2. i have a food phobia about warm and mushy foods, and certain textures of foods just ick me out (so much that i feel sick when i go to eat them).

1. i always knew i wanted to be some form of journalist, from the time i was quoted by my hometown newspaper in third grade about a science project that i did, to the time i had to do a career report in seventh grade and wrote to a tv reporter in pittsburgh about the news reporting field and she actually answered me back and sealed my future career plans.

No comments: